Microchipping will soon become compulsory for our feline friends!
Although it became law for our canine companions to be microchipped in 2016, to date it has only been a required for those cats travelling under the Pet Travel Scheme.
What are microchips?
Microchips are tiny devices – about the size of a grain of rice, that are implanted just below your pets skin usually over their shoulders. The microchip contains a unique number, which can be read by a special handheld device. This number is registered on a national database alongside your contact details, to enable you to be traced should your pet be found.
Benefits of microchipping include;
- Greatly increasing the chances of being reunited with your pet if they are ever lost.
- Last the life time of your pet – you should only need one chip in your pet’s life.
- Relatively inexpensive and are included in our Wellness Plan for your pet.
- Microchipping is quick – taking only a few seconds and is relatively painless.
- A permanent form of identification that cannot get lost or broken like a regular tag or collar, keeping your personal information safe.
Blythman & Partners wish to encourage ALL pet owners to have their cats, dogs and rabbits chipped. But remember – Please keep your contact details up to date!
June is National Microchipping Month, making this the purrfect time to join our Wellness Plan and have your favourite feline friends microchipped!
By joining our Wellness Plan you will receive;
- Annual booster vaccinations and health check
- Additional consultation (that can be used out of hours, each year)
- Worming, flea and tick prevention (sufficient for a year)
- Nail clips (twice a year)
- 15% discount off every visit
To book a microchipping appointment today or to join our Wellness Plan, please contact your local branch or our Gosforth Hospital 0191 2841711.